Shaping the story: Student Services responses to crises and controversies
How can Student Services in higher education communicate strategically and effectively with students, the media and institutional colleagues in times of crisis and about challenging topics?
This professional development event explores how to:
- Ensure that students are informed and reassured when national or international incidents occur.
- Work with the media in times of crisis, without compromising how your services respond to the situation.
- Think ahead to make your communications strategic rather than reactive to emerging events.
- Create effective relationships with marketing and leadership teams to ensure that your mission is aligned to their messaging.
- Manage how Student Services aims align with your institution’s identity, reputation and mission, especially when considering challenging topics.
This event is for Student Services leaders with strategic responsibility for communications, as well as other institutional colleagues with similar remits (for example, Academic Registrars). Join sector colleagues for ‘Chatham House rule’ discussions about challenges, lessons learned and good practice, and learn from case studies and sector leaders about effective crisis responses, handling the media, reputation risk management, and more.
Location, time and prices
This one day conference takes place at the Jurys Inn Glasgow hotel, 80 Jamaica Street, Glasgow, G1 4QG.
Registration opens at 09:30, and the first session starts at 10:00. The conference finishes at 16:00.
Here are the delegate prices (which include lunch):
- AMOSSHE named member - £175 (log in to access this rate)
- Member colleague (non-member, but an employee of an AMOSSHE member organisation) - £190
You don’t need to pay VAT for AMOSSHE events. Before booking, please read our booking terms and conditions.
Photo by Elijah O'Donnell on Unsplash.