AMOSSHE National Conference 2021
AMOSSHE The Student Services Organisation is dedicated to the professional development of Student Services leaders in UK higher education. In the 2020/21 academic year Student Services and sector colleagues have responded to unprecedented challenges with energy, creativity and commitment. Supporting and enhancing the student experience is the key driver of all this hard work, and AMOSSHE’s role is to support and enhance the professional excellence of this mission. The AMOSSHE National Conference 2021 is an opportunity to reflect on this year’s good practice, establish strategic connections, and take our achievements forward.
AMOSSHE members can find the event resources here:
The conference is an inspirational, collaborative space for Student Services leaders to share expertise and good practice, develop strategy and skills, and build professional networks. The key themes for this conference are reflections, connections and ambitions:
- Reflections – let’s take time to review what has taken place in higher education during the year, including our understanding of the student experience, and how different kinds of students have been impacted in new and unexpected ways. Let’s evaluate and appreciate the innovative work that Student Services teams have undertaken, adapting quickly and flexibly to the demands created by the pandemic and emerging sector issues.
- Connections – the impact of the pandemic, as well as social movements such as campaigns to tackle racism, inequality and sexual harassment, have emphasised the importance of collaboration and networks. It’s vital to ensure that our students and colleagues are connected and meaningfully engaged. Let’s identify how Student Services can work with colleagues and communities within and outside higher education through co-creation, evidence-based understanding and action learning.
- Ambitions – let’s look forward to the future of Student Services, drawing on all we’ve learned and the connections we’ve made. What are our strategic ambitions as Student Services leaders? How can we leverage the high-profile attention on our work this year to establish innovative approaches and responsive services that enhance and develop students? Let’s consider how we further establish ourselves as positive, proactive leaders, developing skills and finding solutions.
Location, time and price
The conference takes place from Wednesday 14 to Friday 16 July 2021. Sessions take place during the day in the British Summer Time (BST) time zone.
The conference takes place online to enable participation from across the UK, as well as drawing on expertise from around the world.
Here are the delegate prices:
- AMOSSHE named member - £185 (log in to access this rate)
- Non-member (other employees of an AMOSSHE member organisation, individuals, not-for-profit and corporate organisations, higher education providers not associated with AMOSSHE) - £225
You don’t need to pay VAT for AMOSSHE events. Before you book to attend, please read our revised booking terms and conditions.
AMOSSHE will make every effort to ensure that you are charged the correct booking rate. However, please note that the onus is on you to provide the correct information and choose the correct rate applicable to you. AMOSSHE welcomes payment online by credit or debit card, or by bank transfer or cheque. If you choose to pay online but then decide to pay by a different method, please email email@example.com for help.
You'll receive recordings of the event sessions afterwards, as well as any presentations or resources. The recordings won't include discussion sessions, workshops, ‘Chatham House rule’ sections or presentation sessions that speakers prefer not to share in this way.
Programme and speakers
The conference features a wide range of workshops, presentations, networking sessions and keynote speakers, delivered by colleagues from higher education providers and sector organisations around the world.
Take a look at the full schedule and details about our speakers and sponsors on our AMOSSHE National Conference 2021 website:
AMOSSHE National Conference 2021
Call for session proposals
The deadline to propose a session for the AMOSSHE National Conference 2021 is now passed. Find out more about the call for proposals.