Managing specialist services as a non-specialist: challenges, insights and lessons learned
As you progress through your career as a Student Services leader in higher education, you may find yourself managing one or more teams of specialist practitioners. This webinar explores the challenges and opportunities of managing services that are outside your area of expertise.
Learning from the experiences of colleagues in the sector, this event in an opportunity to review:
- Your approach to managing and supporting specialist staff, including challenges you may not foresee.
- The benefits of not being a specialist and seeing each team in the context of a range of services.
- Team cultures.
- Legal compliance and safeguarding.
- Building relationships with third party providers.
- Redesigning how services work to adapt to changing student needs and ensure good quality.
If you’re new to managing a specialist service, or see this on your career horizon, this webinar offers tips and advice from colleagues who have been in a similar position, as well as a space to discuss your concerns and ideas.
You'll receive recordings of the event sessions afterwards, as well as any presentations or resources. The recordings won't include discussion sessions, workshops, ‘Chatham House rule’ sections or presentation sessions that speakers prefer not to share in this way.
Location, time and price
This event takes place online on Wednesday 11 May 2022 from 12:00 to 14:00 (BST).
Here are the delegate prices:
- AMOSSHE named member - £29 (log in to access this rate)
- Non-member (other employees of an AMOSSHE member organisation, individuals, not-for-profit and corporate organisations, higher education providers not associated with AMOSSHE) - £49
You don’t need to pay VAT for AMOSSHE events. Before you book to attend, please read our revised booking terms and conditions.
AMOSSHE will make every effort to ensure that you are charged the correct booking rate. However, please note that the onus is on you to provide the correct information and choose the correct rate applicable to you. AMOSSHE welcomes payment online by credit or debit card, or by bank transfer or cheque. If you choose to pay online but then decide to pay by a different method, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
If your organisation is interested in sponsoring this event, find out more below.
Sponsor this webinar
Photo by Randy Fath on Unsplash