Diversity, inclusivity and cultural competency in Student Services
This professional development event for Student Services leaders in higher education explores how to make services responsive to the cultural diversity of our students, and nurture informed, inclusive and diverse staff teams.
AMOSSHE members can find the event resources here:
Through in-person presentations, workshops and networking, this event considers:
- Creating diversity and developing cultural competency within Student Services teams, and how to recruit, retain and develop diverse staff.
- Building an inclusive workplace environment.
- Delivering services that are engaging for students of different races, cultures and faiths, and that respond to their intersecting needs.
- Understanding mental health challenges in different cultural communities.
Take a look at the full schedule and details about our speakers and sponsors on our event website:
The event is led by AMOSSHE Vice Chair Simon Lee (Assistant Director – Student Journey, Student Support Services, University of Sunderland) and AMOSSHE Executive Member Sammy Li (Adviser on Student Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion, University of Birmingham). Confirmed speakers include:
- Arun Verma (Head of the Race Equality Charter, Advance HE)
- Emma Davisworth (Co-ordinating Faith Adviser, Teesside University)
- Guido de Wilde (Manager, International Student Affairs, University of Amsterdam)
- Sarah-Jane Otoo (Therapeutic Practitioner, University of Birmingham)
- Steph Keeble (Director, Birmingham LBGT)
- Wei-Lun Chen (International Officer, University of Birmingham Guild of Students)
- Rebbecca Hemmings (Director, Strawberry Words)
Details of all the sessions and speakers to be confirmed soon.
Location, time and price
This event takes place at the Park Regis hotel, 160 Broad Street, Birmingham B15 1DT on Thursday 7 April 2022 from 10:00 to 16:30 (BST).
Here are the delegate prices:
- AMOSSHE named member - £185 (log in to access this rate)
- Non-member (other employees of an AMOSSHE member organisation, individuals, not-for-profit and corporate organisations, higher education providers not associated with AMOSSHE) - £215
You don’t need to pay VAT for AMOSSHE events. Prices include refreshments and lunch. Please let us know on your booking form of any accessibility requirements and how we can make the event more engaging for you.
Before you book to attend, please read our revised booking terms and conditions.
AMOSSHE will make every effort to ensure that you are charged the correct booking rate. However, please note that the onus is on you to provide the correct information and choose the correct rate applicable to you. AMOSSHE welcomes payment online by credit or debit card, or by bank transfer or cheque. If you choose to pay online but then decide to pay by a different method, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
This event is kindly sponsored by:
Photo by Alecsander Alves on Unsplash