This event for Student Services leaders in higher education explores how to support our students and communities after a student or staff member dies as a result of suicide. This event is an opportunity to learn about recent sector guidance on postvention, discuss case studies of good practice, and share experiences of postvention support. The event also explores how postvention work can feed into suicide prevention and response planning.
This event is for AMOSSHE members and member colleagues only.
AMOSSHE members can find the event resources here:
The event is led by AMOSSHE Vice Chair (Operations) Helen McNeely (Queen's University Belfast) and AMOSSHE Executive Member Ravteg Singh Dhesi (Aston University).
Find out more about the speakers and the full programme on the event website:
Confirmed speakers include:
- Professor Jo Smith (Professor of Early Intervention and Psychosis, University of Worcester)
- Dr Simon Merrywest (Director for the Student Experience, University of Manchester)
- David Malpas (Director of Student Affairs, Middlesex University)
- John de Pury (Assistant Director of Policy, Universities UK)
You'll receive recordings of the event sessions afterwards (subject to successful recordings), as well as any presentations or resources. The recordings won't include discussion sessions, workshops, ‘Chatham House rule’ sections or presentation sessions that speakers prefer not to share in this way.
Location, time and price
This event takes place online on Wednesday 17 May 2023 from 09:00 to 13:00 (BST).
Here are the delegate prices:
- AMOSSHE named member - £69 (log in to access this rate)
- Member colleagues (other employees of an AMOSSHE member organisation) - £109
You don’t need to pay VAT for AMOSSHE events. Before you book to attend, please read our revised booking terms and conditions.
You can pay:
- Online by credit or debit card, or
- By invoice to pay by bank transfer or cheque.
If you choose to pay online but then decide to pay by a different method, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for help. AMOSSHE will make every effort to ensure that you are charged the correct booking rate. However, please note that the onus is on you to provide the correct information and choose the correct rate applicable to you.