What's the future for Student Services information?
In June 2019, King's College London launched a new online help centre for students: Student Services Online. From application to graduation, this platform aims to empower students with knowledge and for them to self-serve as much information as possible. This platform has enjoyed early success so far, but now as the team thinks about broadening the scope to more services across the institution, they've identified a barrier: they can't control all of the information provided to students by different services and academic departments. Or can they? If they can, should they?
AMOSSHE members can find the event resources here:
This webinar, led by Cara Attenborough (Knowledge Manager, Student Services Online, King's College London) covers a range of topics to share best practice, put the student experience first, and dare to be bold on what the future of information could be for our services. Cara will also briefly explain how the current COVID-19 pandemic has given King's College London the opportunity to better align information on supporting students.
This 30 minute webinar includes:
- Introduction – an overview and live demo of Student Services Online.
- Data – what we’re learning about students’ self-service habits through analytics.
- Seeking standardisation – questions and ideas for you to consider: how do we manage all sources of information about our services?
- Your participation – using Mentimeter, we'll collect live responses from attendees on how your services manage information.
- Pandemic impetus – how King's College London is overseeing student support and welfare content during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The webinar will continue for an additional 15 minutes for those who would like to continue to ask questions via live chat.
All questions, suggestions and ideas arising from the webinar will be collated and made available to attendees afterwards.
This free interactive webinar takes place on Tuesday 5 May 2020 from 15:30 to 16:15 (BST). Register to take part here:Register
This webinar is brought to you by: