Building belonging: the role and impact of residences on student success
The AMOSSHE winter conference 2018 explores how Student Services and colleagues can develop engaging, supportive residential environments, which encourage a sense of belonging and contribute to student success. Build your expertise through three key perspectives, focusing on students who live in university accommodation:
- Induction and transition – building engagement and a sense of belonging at key transitions in residences.
- Creating safe, supportive living environments that enhance the residential experience and foster student success.
- Crisis management – dealing with challenges and crises in residences to ensure that the whole community is supported.
Location, time and price
This one day event takes place at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre.
Registration opens at 09:30, and the first session starts at 10:00.
Here are the delegate prices (which include lunch):
- AMOSSHE named member - £195 (log in to access this rate)
- Member colleague (non-member, but an employee of an AMOSSHE member organisation) - £205
- Non-member (individuals, not-for-profit organisations and higher education providers not associated with AMOSSHE) - £245
- Corporate non-member - £275
You don’t need to pay VAT for AMOSSHE events. Before booking, please read our booking terms and conditions.
Call for posters
We're trying something new at the 2018 winter conference. We want to create a space for you to showcase your good practice, innovative ideas, and success stories. You can take part by presenting a poster that summarises your work and achievements.
We want your proposals for posters that give an insight into how you've developed engaging, supportive residential environments that foster student success in higher education. The deadline to submit a poster proposal is 17:00 on Thursday 14 December 2017.
Find out more here: Winter conference 2018: call for posters.