Times Higher Education
Value & Impact - Leadership and Strategy
Wednesday 21 March 2012, 10.30am-4.30pm
Fourth Floor, 184-192 Drummond Street, London, NW1 3HP
This one day practical workshop offers Student Services leaders time out to focus on using the Value & Impact approach to improve their managerial and departmental performance.
The day follows AMOSSHE's national Value & Impact project. It addresses some of the issues that need to be taken into consideration at the planning stage and the skills associated with successful implementation, structured around templates from the toolkit. It draws on both the public Value & Impact Toolkit and the members' only Management Support Pack.
Delegates who are prepared to participate in group work and have familiarised themselves with both these documents in advance of the workshop, and have a basic level of understanding of the objectives and philosophy of the Value & Impact approach will benefit most from the day.
Who should attend?
- Directors and heads of Student Services
- Student Services department heads looking to implement Value & Impact approaches
- Value & Impact champions at institutions
- Student Services professionals developing Value & Impact assessments
- Student Services professionals looking to develop their management skills
- HE professionals interested in holistic service evaluation
By the end of the day, participants will have:
- Considered Value & Impact in the context of their own institutional setting
- Identified key issues and potential challenges to be considered prior to implementing the approach
- Practised some of the skills associated with effective implementation
- Identified their first (or next) steps in implementing the Value & Impact approach in their institution
All of the course facilitators have been engaged in the Value & Impact work undertaken by AMOSSHE. Nicole Redman will chair the day, Jan Shine of Paullus Consultancy will lead on the professional development and reflective sessions, and Nicole Redman and Raegan Hiles will facilitate the Value & Impact case study work.
Nicole is a member of the AMOSSHE Executive board and led the work of one the original Value & Impact Project pilots at University of East London. Jan Shine has delivered development materials supporting the Value & Impact approach, including the members’ only Management Support Pack. Raegan Hiles managed the national Value & Impact Project and delivered project management training at HEFCE.
Spaces are strictly limited to 30 for our practical working days. If you are interested in 'Value & Impact - Leadership and Strategy' book now to reserve your place.
Complete the Booking Form and return it by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively fax it to 0207 383 0794 or post it to Tima Moledina, Administrative Officer, AMOSSHE, Fourth Floor, 184-192 Drummond Street, London, NW1 3HP.
Member - £100
Not named member/ AUA Members - £125
Non Member - £135
*This is the total fee for attendance. VAT is not applicable to these events as they are education.
AUA Members who are not affiliated with AMOSSHE may book for this event at the middle fee tier. To take advantage of this discount, select 'Special AUA rate' on the booking form and include your AUA membership number.
Terms and Conditions
Cancellations or substitutions may be subject to a fee, depending on when they are received. Full details of our operating policies including events administration and our cancellation policy are at www.amosshe.org.uk/about/governance/docs